Business Valuation Evidence with Digital Forensics
Undoubtedly, business valuation disputes are complex. With a wide variety and location of relevant data, we search all financial software, spreadsheets, and other financial file data types. In addition, we look through all potential locations whether stored on computers, cell phones, or online databases. Depending on the specific issues in your case, the following are common types of evidence for business valuation disputes:
- Budgets, Balance sheets, and Income Statements
- Account payables and receivables
- Business appraisals
- Checking and investment account data
- Deeds, leases, and continuation coverage
- Buy/Sell agreements
- Corporate records
- Excel spreadsheets
- Asset summaries
- Online banking statements
- Partnership agreements
Computer and Smartphone Forensics
Forensics to Find Fraudulent or Hidden Data
In some cases, a business partner or spouse may alter records to inflate or deflate the business valuation. For that reason, in business valuation concerns, we search through the electronic evidence to find:
- Delays in signing up new clients, or scheduling the work
- Account summaries and business book discrepancies
- Inflated account payables to reduce the perceived value
- Payments (salaries or otherwise) to relatives or friends to lower profits
- Purchases of expensive equipment, furnishings, and other assets to increase expenses and lower profitability
- Receivables are written off to lower the value of the business
- Revenue not deposited in business accounts or entered in the business books
Evidence Uncovered with Forensics Goes Further
Lawyers often provide the evidence we collect about business valuation to expert witnesses, such as:
- Business Valuation Experts
- Financial Planners
- Real Property Appraisers
- Tax Advisors
- Title Company Agents
- Vocational Experts
Importance of Smartphone Evidence to Litigation
Remote Forensics Benefits
Our simple remote solutions can help you get all the potentially relevant evidence you need to keep your business valuation case moving along.
Fast & Convenient
Receive our Remote Collection Unit at your doorstep in 1-2 days. After you receive the Unit, we begin the collection. Typically, you’ll have your evidence report within 5 days, but expedited services are available. As an added bonus, you do not give up possession of your phone, tablet, or computer. Often the collections are done while you sleep.
Above all, we want to protect you and your data’s security. When we collect your evidence, we use an encrypted storage device to protect the integrity of your data. In addition, we do all this remotely at our secure Data Center, and without in-person contact.
In fact, our most popular benefit is our transparent flat-fee pricing. The flat-fee services are all-inclusive. Therefore, we don’t charge for phone calls, emails, meetings, or hard drives to store the data.
Pricing begins at $375 for a phone, $475 for a computer, and $475 for an email account. Learn more about our flat fees here.