Increasingly, more people are carrying smartphones and generating vast stores of data, both online with service providers and on the device itself. At the same time, these growing digital footprints are becoming increasingly important in litigation. Similarly, metadata plays a role by providing greater context about our cyber movements. With our digital forensics, we collect phone metadata related to all activity on that device.
What is Phone Metadata Digital Evidence
Simply put, metadata is data about data. A phone’s metadata describes key facts about an individual data file such as phone calls, photographs, texts, etc. With this data, you might reveal habits, activities and interests, or even uncover a lie. For example, metadata from a phone might show you:
- Location and time a user accessed certain online accounts.
- Phone call duration, call status (incoming, outgoing, or canceled), date and time, call type (voice or video).
- Software application install and uninstall dates for, their use frequency, and even usage time.
- Camera or device used to take a photo, whether was a downloaded photo or not, capture date, time, and GPS location, deletion status.
- Device or browser used to send an email, its delivery time, or even show an email was spoofed.
Consider also the ways text message and call metadata can provider deeper context to key relationships. For example
- What time of day or night did they usually communicate? By text or phone call?
- Were there group chats? Who else was involved?
- How often did they talk or text?
- Who usually initiated communication?
- Was communication mutually reciprocated?
Using Digital Forensics to Secure Phone Metadata
Don’t leave metadata behind! Our forensics unlock the full potential of your digital evidence by ensuring access to metadata. No matter the condition of your cell phone, our forensics experts recover key metadata evidence – including previously deleted or otherwise hidden data. For example, our forensics investigators will look for deleted photos, texts, or call logs.
We handle the data extraction remotely. This means you, your client, or witness does not have to ship their phone. Instead, we ship you our BlackBox and conduct the forensics examination remotely. Then, you return the BlackBox to us using our pre-paid shipping label and box.
Evidence Reports for Easy Legal Review
Once complete, we provide you with an Evidence Report containing all the electronic evidence. We give you links to source files, Bates stamped exhibits, and of course, all related metadata.
Flat Fee Services
All our digital forensic services are provided on a flat-fee basis. Thus, you know your cost up front. We won’t charge for phone calls, emails, or other communications.
We serve most cell phone models
- Android: Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia
- And more!
Expert Testimony and Other Services Available
Why use Howe Law Firm? We are lawyers and eDiscovery and Forensics experts. We provide expert witness services for law firms throughout the United States, in federal and state court cases. Our Expert Services include:
- Joint (Neutral) Expert to assist both parties in developing a Discovery Protocol
- Special Master services to carry out orders of the court
- Expert testimony regarding the collection of electronic evidence