Every year, clients, lawyers, and courts are managing greater loads of electronically stored information (ESI). Fortunately, the eDiscovery process affords opportunities to reduce both the amount of and the burden of legal document review. For example, culling and other exclusion strategies will quickly weed out non-responsive and privileged items. Then, effective lists of keywords and phrases will help you hone in on relevant files quickly. Ideally, you are then left with a smaller pool of items requiring manual document review.
Two Efficient Legal Document Review Platforms
After forensically collecting your ESI, we produce your data in either of two platforms. Through either option, you can sort, tag, and mark the evidence for relevancy or privilege. Additionally, we can help your firm add the data to other products or services you may already use (e.g. Summation, Concordance, Case Logic, and others).
In-House Document Review Software
Our proprietary software is great for higher-volume eDiscovery cases. It is simple and easy to use. Unlike many vendors, our solution is desktop-based. While cloud-based software is attractive for many business purposes, it has drawbacks for legal document review. For purposes of litigation, we strongly believe that a desktop solution is better. For example, with desktop software solutions you will see:
- Faster. Avoid delays in communicating and syncing over the internet.
- Secure. Keep your client’s data out of the cloud and on your law firm’s network.
- Cost-Effective. Desktop solutions eliminate monthly data-hosting fees.
Desktop Evidence Report
For lower volume cases, we typically recommend our Desktop Evidence Reports. Our Desktop Evidence Reports come in easy to recognize, and widely understood Excel format.
- No Training Needed. The prevalence of Excel means most employee’s doing legal document review are already familiar with the software, thus minimizing training time.
- Sortable. Sort all files based on type, date, or more.
- Searchable. Search by keyword or phrase.
- Efficient. Each item comes with a Bates stamp to facilitate quick legal production, depositions, and trial exhibits.
Need to outsource your document review?
We can help with that too. Let us help you focus on finding evidence to strengthen your client’s claim and defenses. See our Fees page for hourly rates.
eDiscovery & Digital Forensics Expert Services
We are a full-service eDiscovery firm. Learn about our other services: