We often assist law firms as e-Discovery and computer/mobile forensic experts.
As your e-Discovery/forensic Expert, we help you strategize, negotiate and implement a Discovery Protocol. A Discovery Protocol helps retrieve the electronically stored information (ESI) you need, and helps define and limit the scope of discovery.
- Defines a begin date and end date filter;
- List the phones, email accounts, computers, and social media accounts for collection;
- List of data types you need (e.g. text messages, emails, photos, voicemails, and computer files);
- Limit text messages and emails to or from certain people;
- Limit the information by search terms and phrases;
- Cull privileged communications; and
- Specify the method of production.
As your expert, we implement your Discovery Protocol to collect, cull, and prepare electronically stored information (ESI) for legal review. Of course, attorney-client and other privileged communications are excluded from the production to the other party.
Expert Witness Advantages
There are many advantages of a Joint Expert:
- The e-Discovery process is more collaborative;
- Reduced e-Discovery cost because both sides share one expert;
- The electronic information provided for legal review and production is more consistent; and
- Fewer discovery disputes, reduced motion practice, and no need for Motions to Compel.
We provide expert witness services in the following areas:
- Joint (Neutral) Expert: Assist both parties as a Joint (Neutral) Expert to create and implement a Discovery Protocol and, if needed, collect, preserve, and process electronically stored information (ESI) for the legal review and production for the parties.
- Special Master: As a Special Master, or court-appointed expert, carry out the orders of the court, including helping the parties agree on a Discovery Protocol, including the scope of discovery. Also, provide electronic discovery and forensic services as ordered by the court.
- Smartphone Evidence: text messages, emails, voicemails, photos, videos, and GPS location information.
- Email Evidence: Outlook/Exchange, Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, and AOL.
- Computer Evidence: Windows computer, Mac computer, and Server – Emails, Microsoft Word and Excel files, photos, videos, and Internet history.
- Social Media Evidence: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Online Cloud Evidence: Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, iCloud, Amazon Drive, and more.
- Website Evidence: Personal websites, Business Websites, and Search Engines.
- Discovery Protocol: Assist with the creation and implementation of the Discovery Protocol for the case.
Expert Witness Fees
We are very transparent about our fees. Most of our services are provided for a flat-fee. An exception is court time, which is charged at an hourly rate. Please see our “Fees” page for all the details.
Expert Witness Services Throughout the United States
We provide Expert Witness services for law firms throughout the United States, in federal and state court cases.
Many law firms choose us because we are lawyers and eDiscovery/forensic experts. We understand client confidentiality and strictly adhere to legal ethics.
Contact Us for Expert Witness Services
Please “Contact Us” to discuss Expert Witness services for your case.