Unique Benefits of Hiring Howe Law Firm as Your Expert Witness
Our digital forensic expert witness fees are based on hourly rates whether for an appearance at a deposition or trial.
- Comprehensive Legal Expertise. As computer forensics experts, we offer not only digital forensics testimony but also possess a strong legal background. This unique combination allows us to provide insights from both a technical and legal perspective, making us a valuable asset to your case.
- Confidentiality with a Trusted Partner. We understand the importance of client confidentiality. As lawyers ourselves, we hold client trust and legal ethics in the highest regard. When you hire us as your party witness, you get a confidential relationship that prioritizes your interests.
- Cost-Effective Flat-Fee Rates. At Howe Law Firm, we believe in transparency and simplicity. That’s why we offer flat-fee rates for our forensic services. You can count on us to collect, preserve, and process electronically stored information (ESI) for legal review and production.
- Maximizing eDiscovery Efficiency. With our expertise in eDiscovery and computer forensics, we don’t just process data; we help you strategize, negotiate, and implement a Discovery Protocol tailored to your case. We significantly reduce legal review costs by defining and limiting the scope of discovery and employing culling strategies to remove irrelevant content.
- Trusted by Leading Law Firms. Many reputable law firms choose Howe Law Firm as their go-to experts for eDiscovery and computer forensics. Our track record of success and dedication to our clients have earned us a reputation as a reliable and effective partner in the legal field.
When you hire Howe Law Firm, you gain access to a team of professionals with a rare blend of technical expertise, legal acumen, and a commitment to excellence. Let us be the difference-maker in your case, providing unparalleled support and delivering results that exceed your expectations.
Expert Witness (Your Party)
Who Pays Expert Witness Fees?
Generally, the party requesting an expert witness pays the expert witness fees and expenses.
Let Your Expert Help with Your Discovery Protocol
The Discovery Protocol is a crucial aspect of our e-Discovery and forensic services. With our expertise, we guide you through strategizing, negotiating, and implementing the Discovery Protocol. Key components of a thorough Discovery Protocol include:
- Date Filtering. Define a begin date and end date filter to focus on the relevant timeframe, minimizing unnecessary legal review.
- Comprehensive Data Sources. We compile a list of all relevant data sources to collect ensuring that no potential evidence is overlooked. This commonly includes phones, email accounts, computers, and social media accounts.
- Data Types. Specify the types of data needed for the case, such as text messages, emails, photos, voicemails, and computer files. With comprehensive coverage, you won’t miss any hot docs!
- Sender/Recipient Limitations. Reduce unresponsive items, and limit the production of text messages and emails to or from specific individuals involved in the case.
- Search Terms and Phrases. By incorporating targeted search terms and phrases, we efficiently filter and extract data most relevant to the legal matter, saving time and resources.
- Privileged Communications. The Protocol includes measures to identify and cull privileged communications, safeguarding sensitive information from being inadvertently disclosed.
- Method of Production. We work with you to define the preferred method of data production, tailored to your specific needs and in compliance with legal requirements.
By adhering to a well-structured Discovery Protocol, we ensure that the process of collecting and producing electronically stored information is efficient, focused, and aligned with your legal objectives. This approach maximizes the chances of identifying critical evidence while minimizing unnecessary costs and delays.
Additional Expert Services
- Joint Expert – A Neutral Expert: Assist both parties involved in the legal dispute. Our role is to work with you to implement a Discovery Protocol that meets the requirements of all parties. Additionally, if needed, we undertake to collect, preserve, and process electronically stored information (ESI) for legal review and production for the parties.
- Special Master: As a Special Master, Tom Howe acts as a court-appointed expert, entrusted with carrying out specific orders issued by the court. As part of this role, he provides electronic discovery and forensic services in accordance with the court’s directives. For instance, if the court requires assistance in establishing a Discovery Protocol agreeable to all parties, he will facilitate the process and ensure compliance with the court’s instructions. Our aim is to provide a neutral perspective and expert guidance to help the legal proceedings move forward smoothly and efficiently.
Collect, Preserve, and Produce Electronic Evidence:
- Smartphone Evidence: all text messages, emails, voicemails, photos, videos, and GPS location information.
- Email Evidence: email communications from Outlook/Exchange, Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and more.
- Computer Evidence: Windows computer, Mac computer, and Server – Emails, Microsoft Word and Excel files, photos, videos, and Internet history.
- Social Media Evidence: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Online Cloud Evidence: Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, iCloud, Amazon Drive, and more.
- Website Evidence: Personal websites, Business Websites, and Search Engines.
Expert Witness Services Near Me
We provide Expert Witness services for law firms throughout the United States, in federal and state court cases.