Home Counter Surveillance & Bug Sweep Services
Our professional bug sweep services include inspecting your home’s accessible interior and exterior spaces. Equipped with advanced equipment and years of experience, we can identify hidden cameras or microphones that are on and actively transmitting, hidden devices that are turned off, and even devices that have been removed but were previously connected to the home’s internet (via Router Analysis).
The greatest violation is a breach of your security and privacy in your home. Your home should be safe from surveillance, spying, or monitoring whether it’s a house, condominium, apartment, or townhouse. Our comprehensive bug-sweep services and other counter-surveillance services restore peace of mind.
We carefully sweep all rooms using commercial-grade surveillance equipment. Not only do we detect surveillance devices like microphones and cameras, but we can also often determine where the surveillance information is going and who is receiving it.
Surveillance devices can be found anywhere. Typically, the following areas pose the greatest concern:
- Family room
- Den or office
Why Choose Howe Law Firm?
We are lawyers, TSCM counter surveillance experts, computer forensic experts, and mobile forensic experts. This experience provides you with professional and comprehensive counter surveillance services for the best results.
- We are lawyers. We know how to preserve your evidence and maintain client confidentiality. In addition, with our trial experience, we make great expert witnesses when needed.
- Flat-fee services! No charge for travel expenses, data storage, or written reports.
- Smart TV Analysis. Not only do we check TVs for attached hidden devices, but we will also research and provide risk analysis for the TV’s in your home.
- Drone. We fly a drone overhead when appropriate to identify other surveillance risks.
- Computer & Mobile Forensic Experts. There is more we can do to analyze all your electronic devices and accounts for signs of surveillance:
- Comprehensive Services. For a deeper investigation into surveillance concerns, we also offer vehicle sweeps, boat sweeps, and airplane sweeps for hidden cameras, microphones, and GPS trackers.
Home Bug Sweep Services Includes:
The tools and techniques we employ at any given site are based on individual facts and circumstances. Immediately below is a list of what we generally apply in our investigations at homes, offices, and vehicles:
- A careful physical search to detect surveillance devices.
- Spectrum Analyzer to detect RF energy emissions from unknown or hidden devices throughout a wide frequency range up to 12 GHz.
- Identifying all Bluetooth signals.
- Identifying all Wi-Fi signals.
- Identifying GPS location trackers in vehicles.
- Using a Non-Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) to detect electronic devices in furniture, air vents, walls, ceilings, furniture, plants, and other spaces. This includes detecting and locating hidden cameras, microphones, and other electronic devices even if they are turned off or deactivated.
- Borescope/Endoscope to inspect difficult areas such as inside ceilings and walls and behind vehicle dashboards.
- Using an infrared viewer to expose pinhole camera lenses.
- Thermal imaging searching with forward-looking infrared radar (FLIR) to identify infrared (IR) and heat signatures of electronic devices on, near or within ceilings, walls, floors, vents, furniture, artwork, clothing, lights, switches, personal property, and electronic equipment on the premises.
- Advanced near-field detection receiver (including RF detector) to scan for and locate various types of eavesdropping devices (including microphones and cameras) across the frequency spectrum from 10 kHz to 12 GHz.
- Testing equipment to discover very low frequency (VLF) through carrier current (electrical transmissions).
- Electrical and Magnetic signal detection.
- Search for voice recordings with parabolic microphones through windows. Check RF attenuation for free passage for RF signal through the windows.
- Drone recording of the exterior of homes and buildings to check for transmitters in areas not otherwise visually accessible.
- In addition, we sweep your smart TV for attached devices and research and evaluate the TV for hacking risks.
We Use the Best TSCM Equipment:
We use the best bug sweep equipment available. Much of our TSCM tools and training come from the industry leader in Technical Surveillance Counter Measures (TSCM) equipment, Research Electronics International. Key features of effective bug sweeping tools include the ability to:
- Detect RF energy emissions.
- Identify unknown Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular signals.
- Find hidden electronics even when turned off.
- Evaluate thermal energy from hidden devices.
Home Bug Sweep Services Near Me
Tips to Choose a Counter Surveillance Expert
A thorough bug sweep process takes time. To do the job it takes time and a methodology and workflow that is careful and locates any hidden surveillance devices. Unfortunately, we have had to check a house for surveillance after the client had previously had another service provider sweep the home in a 30–minute period of time.
Before you hire someone, ask the counter-surveillance expert the following questions:
- Where did they attain their knowledge and experience in counter-surveillance?
- Do they have certifications?
- Do they use commercial grade “best-of-breed” equipment?
- Do they have a legal background so that they understand how to handle the evidence and authenticate it for use in a civil or criminal trial?
- Do they have references?
The proliferation of Spy Devices
Rapid changes in technology over the last 20 years have made surveillance equipment more affordable and available to a wider range of individuals. Easy to install bugs and spy devices make it easy for individuals to spy on others in their homes. Frequently, spy devices look like common items in a home – smoke detectors, pens, water bottles, and more.
Home Counter Surveillance Bug Sweep Services
Surveillance Devices Purchased Online
There are a variety of online sites where one can spend as little as $40, or over $400 for a single hidden camera. Here are just a couple of examples: